Multi-Vendor allows you to create an online marketplace where multiple vendors sell their products on a shared storefront, and the root administrator regulates vendors’ activities.
In Multi-Vendor 4.3.1, we’ve introduced a long-awaited feature—the ability to make a fully featured vendor storefront. In Multi-Vendor 4.3.1, the vendor page looks similar to a vendor page on eBay or Amazon.
The New Look
In the previous Multi-Vendor version (4.2.4), customers could buy vendor products from the vendor page. But there was no way to search by vendor products, no product filters, and no single list of all vendor products. It took time to find the needed product on a vendor page. That’s why customers tended to buy vendor products through a common storefront which had those filters and search capabilities.
In Multi-Vendor 4.3.1, vendors create fully featured stores in a common marketplace. Customers see a list of all vendor products, product filters, and a “search by vendor products” field on the vendor page. Customers can still buy vendor products through a common storefront, but now they easily find and buy vendor products from the vendor page as well. A vendor page in Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 looks like a vendor page on eBay:
Root administrators fill locations (Design > Layouts) with blocks. Blocks carry the content that customers see on storefront pages. To display content on a vendor page, root admins fill in a special vendor location.
In Multi-Vendor 4.2.4, there was only one vendor location—Vendor account. We kept Vendor account in Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 and added a new vendor location—Vendor store:
- The Vendor store location is pre-filled with these blocks:
- Vendor search—a search field to search vendor products directly on the vendor page.
- Vendor information—vendors use this block to add their companies’ descriptions to the vendor pages.
- Breadcrumbs—navigation links. This block helps visitors keep track of their location on the storefront.
- Vendor categories—this block allows the root admin to add a categories menu that shows products of the current vendor.
- Vendor filters—customers use these filters to quickly find products of the current vendor.
- Main content—a list of all vendor products on the vendor page. Customers can click any product to open the product details page directly from the vendor page.
Please leave any questions regarding this new Multi-Vendor feature in the comments section. We’ll be happy to answer! We also appreciate your feedback.
Have a nice day!