By Yan Kulakov, January 26th, 2015 in Articles, Tips and tricks
Cross-selling means suggesting related products to customers. Merchants use cross-selling techniques to sell additional useful products to their customers.
CS-Cart offers four built-in cross-selling tools. In this article, we’re going to tell you about one of them—the Buy Together add-on.
The Buy Together add-on allows you to group related products into a bundle and offer a discount for the bundle. For example:
The screenshot shows the add-on in action. A customer is looking for a new hiking backpack. Perhaps he or she is going on an overnight hike. Offer a new sleeping bag as well, and give a discount for the bundle. As a result, the customer gets a new set of camping gear at a lower price, and you increase your online sales.
For instructions on setting up the Buy Together add-on, refer to our Knowledge Base.
We would like to know what you think about cross-selling in CS-Cart. Does the Buy Together add-on help boost your online sales? Please share your ideas and experience!
In the next post, we’ll talk about another cross-selling tool—the Required Products add-on. Stay tuned and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Have a good day!
Follow CS-Cart news & promotions
By Konstantin Molchanov (CS-Cart team), November 27th, 2014 in News and announcements
We’re happy to introduce you to another minor CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor release.
Meet CS-Cart 4.2.4 and Multi-Vendor 4.2.4!
In addition to improvements and fixes (see the changelog), this version includes PayPal IPN support and a new Realex payment method.
We have been working closely with our colleagues at PayPal to make your experience with PayPal in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.2.4 even better.
IPN, which stands for Instant Payment Notifications, is PayPal’s message service that sends notifications when a change in a transaction occurs. In 4.2.4, we use PayPal IPN to synchronize order status in your admin panel with the corresponding transaction status at PayPal.
For example, when a PayPal transaction is complete, your store will receive a message from PayPal IPN that will update the associated CS- order’s status. In the PayPal add-on settings, you can choose how PayPal statuses should correspond to the ones used in your store. Handy!
Within a week, all store owners should see the update in their admin panels’ Update Centers. If you don’t want to wait, you can download the package manually from your Help Desk account’s File area (you must have an active upgrade subscription).
As always, we’re happy to hear your ideas on the UserVoice. If you have an issue to report, feel free to do so using our bug tracker.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for the latest news and videos.
By imac, November 26th, 2014 in News and announcements
We announce our Black Friday Sale to be officially over.
If you couldn’t take advantage of our offer, please, don’t worry. There’ll be some other offers for CS-Cart licenses and our services in the future.
By dshmanatova, November 12th, 2014 in News and announcements, Tips and tricks
Good news, everyone!
Installing CS-Cart is now easier than ever! We are happy to announce that you can now install CS-Cart using Softaculous, which will save you a good deal of time.
Why Use Softaculous for CS-Cart Installation?
Softaculous is an auto-installer service that offers a great variety of apps. Now that CS-Cart has joined the list, here are the advantages for you:
Softaculous saves you time.
You don’t need to download CS-Cart installation files, unzip them, or do anything else with them. All you need to do is go to Softaculous, find CS-Cart in the list, and click Install.
Installing CS-Cart is simple.
You only need to provide FTP or SSH access and access to an empty database.
For your convenience, we have prepared detailed instructions on how to install CS-Cart with Softaculous. Please refer to our Knowledge Base.
We’re keen to know what you think about this new opportunity. Feel free to share your opinion and ask questions in the comments section.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to get the latest news about CS-Cart.
By dshmanatova, October 16th, 2014 in CS-Cart releases, News and announcements
Today, we are glad to announce the new release of our CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor software.
In this minor release, we want to present you with several features to improve your store. Among them, we would like to mention the following:
- Grids in layouts (Design → Layouts) have become more flexible. To change their position now, simply drag-and-drop them!
- Two brand new storefront styles: Brightness and MTronX.
- In the admin panel you will see a new button called Edit Content On-Site (Design → Themes). It allows store admins to edit store content (e.g., product names, prices, descriptions, button names, and many other visible elements) right in the storefront, which is fast and quite convenient!
- Now your customers can log in to CS-Cart stores with their PayPal accounts, thanks to the improved Social Login add-on. Logging in with a PayPal account enables the so-called Seamless Checkout feature; after a customer logs in to the store with their PayPal account, they don’t have to log in to the PayPal website again to make a PayPal payment.
- Another good thing in this release is a new Call Requests add-on that can simplify and speed up the process of ordering. It adds a Buy Now With 1-Click button on a product details page in the storefront. When a customer clicks the button, a popup window with a short contact form appears. As a store admin, you will see the list of call requests in the admin panel (Orders → Call requests) with detailed information about each request.
The full list of changes is available in the changelog.
Store owners will see the update in the Upgrade Center in their admin panels within a week. If you have an active upgrade subscription, you can also download the distro package from your Help Desk account’s File area.
As usual, we are open to hearing your opinions and suggestions on our UserVoice
. Feel free to report any bugs that you come across in our software on the bug tracker
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to get the latest CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor news.