Beta version of Live Help for CS-Cart is available

We are glad to inform you about the release of Live Help add-on for CS-Cart which is now available for beta testing.

Summary

Live Help allows tracking your store visitors’ behavior and communicating with them in real time. At present, the add-on collects browser version and country information for each visitor and tracks the store page which is being viewed. Speaking of online chat features, the tool supports preset message, chat history and search via chat archives.

Live chat window

Live chat window

Installation

The add-on consists of two parts: a client and a server.

In order to set up the server part, please, download the archive and extract it into the directory where CS-Cart is located. Next, proceed to the administration panel (the “Add-ons” section) and press “Install” next to the Live Help add-on.

For the client part, please, download either Windows or Linux version and extract it into any convenient directory to run from (on Linux, you may also need to set the executable file permissions: chmod 755 live_help).

Detailed visitor information

Detailed visitor information

Conclusion

CS-Cart team thanks everyone who is interested to participate in beta testing and help us to improve it for you. Please, feel free to share your experience with the Live Help beta and, if necessary, send any problem reports to CS-Cart forum. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

14 Responses to “Beta version of Live Help for CS-Cart is available”

1. Ulan says:

Link for windows is not working.

2. emanuel says:

the windows link doesnt work and do u add the client files to the server? or will u have to offer it from the site.

3. CSCartSkins says:

Very cool! I’ve personally been waiting on this one for awhile now. Good work on getting it out there.

4. Wei says:

The link to download the Windows client is broken.

5. mgunin says:

Thank you all for reporting. The link has been fixed, please, accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

6. mgunin says:

Emanuel, the client files will be available with the distribution as soon as we make our way to the final release. But they will be needed only for the store operator since clients will use the chat directly from the browser window.

7. TheLondoner says:

This is a great add-on. I have found a problem though!
    I’m testing this on my local Windows machine and the chatting works fine, when I am manually typing in the messages from both sides.

But, everytime I tried to use the “Preset Messages” feature, using the following message:
    %DATE% %TIME%>Hi %NAME%. How can I help you?
    I get an authentication error and the Live Help connection is disconnected!

8. Wei says:

I installed the server part, and also enable it from the add-on. But I still don’t see it from the store front.

I am using a trial version of the cs-cart. Is it why?

regrds,
    –wei

9. Tania says:

Not working with my shop (http://www.eqilibrium.net). It installs right, shows up at admin, but I don’t see the visitors neither do they see me… Permissions are set to 755 on all files and I followed every instruction, but I still don’t see any visitors. Is it possible that Live Help doesn’t work with 2.0.6?

10. Alan says:

I Installed the files and added live help block but all i can get to show up is the title of the block and nothing else. Nothing is showing to click on to use the Live help

11. Yvonne Walker says:

When you say the directory where CS-Cart is located that does not tell me what directory the file need to placed in, does it go in Core, or some other location. I am sorry but I don’t know the software well enough to know what you mean by directory where CS-Cart is located.

Thank for your help.

12. Scott Moore says:

Installed server side and installed client side.
    When clicking Live help from the admin. Not in the addons. I then
    click on Operators or Chat history and get page can not be displayed.

13. Victor says:

Wei, you need to all Live Help block to the product page (for example) using the Blocks tool under the “Design” tab.

However, even this does not work for me. I see “Live Help” block in the frontend where I placed it, but it is blank and when I connect with the Windows client, the client does not see me browsing the site.

I am also using the trial version (2.0.10) of CS-Cart. Is that why this addon does not work?

V.

14. Victor says:

OK, I fixed my issue.

chmod -R 755 addons

The default permissions that are generated as a result of decompressing the .tgx on the server are not approrpate so the above chmod (or just chmod -R 755 live_help) is needed to allow Live Help addon to work.

V.