2.2.1 is on!

Good day!

Now, we are happy to let you know that CS-Cart version 2.2.1 is released!

And first of all, we all are indeed very thankful to you – our awesome customers, who helped us test and polish the new version, so it is really the best it could be. Thanks a lot for all the feedbacks, bug reports and ideas you’ve shared with us!

This new release is all about bringing freshness into shopping and e-shop administrating. There’s a new admin panel look and feel, customer notifications, Janrain social login feature, vendor rating and testimonials in the Multi-Vendor Edition and a pack of improvements out there for you to use. The CS-Cart mobile administration tool Twigmo is another great new addition.

You can read more about the new features in my two previous posts (part one and part two). Also, check our Roadmap for the newest features information.

Get it!

Order your own CS-Cart copy at our web-site (Professional or Multi-Vendor). If you already have CS-Cart, it will upgrade automatically. Don’t hesitate to use our Upgrade guide if you face any difficulties.

50 Responses to “2.2.1 is on!”

1. P. Jensen says:

Is there a demo-site somewhere. I would very much like to check out the new admin. The previews i have seen previously look very promising.

2. Andy says:

If you do now a new design for frontent it will be very nice

3. Gabriel says:

If in Design mode activate Enable Translation Mode, the admin design will be corrupted and some parts of the adminsitration collapsed. Check the bug.

4. Pavol says:

Upgraded to 2.2.1 working as expected. Thank you for such a great shop.

5. gurdji says:

could you help me to upgrade to last version
    It seems that upgrade it doesnțt work for me as admin page i donțt see it properly maybe there are some css errors

6. vbiz says:

Do you have CDN support or amazon S3?

• Could you tell what kind of support do you exactly mean?

• vbiz says:

We are looking for shopping cart systems who can support CDN (content delivery network) specially and MUST amazon S3.

We can upload all the images or contents on CDN server via Admin/panel
        e.g. images.myshop.com
        instead local server
        e.g. http://www.myshop.com

to provide fastest content delivery via world wide local servers.

So far very few of them are supported but we like cs-cart very much and we want to see this feature in cs-cart too

any comment?

• Such sort of functionality is not implemented by default, but our Custom Development team can perform it. If you have a Help-Desk account, create a ticket for a quote in it, if not, do so through Contact Us form. Goog luck!

• Jasmine says:

I like Amazon S3 also… and it would definitely be a super great feature to see this support in CS-Cart! Hopefully this can be a default feature in future versions of CS-Cart. :)

7. haekal says:

Amm,, sorry sir. im faced difficult to set-up account Twigmo. and i try register into website and accesing connect with password that i register on Twigmo site, but it’s not work, or i do wrong?

8. alan says:

Is there going to be an update of the PDf Guide with the new interface?

9. Wei says:

Could you please give the instructions on how the new Live Help beta works? Where can I download the client side software?

10. Jessica says:

I HATE the new admin panel, some things are too large, it’s harder to search a product via a category and the hover menu makes it much harder to read things quickly. Is there any way we can have the functionality but with the old look? These changes are not for the better.

Not only that but when I did the upgrade it deleted a whole lot of style changes that I had made and made my website look awful. Why would an upgrade delete background images and change the text colours?

Ever heard of the saying “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”? I like the new functions (well the idea of them, I still can’t see how to activate the social media log in) but not the look of the admin panel.

• Sorry to hear that, Jessica. Unfortunately for you, the new Admin panel design can’t be downgraded t the previous version. May it be the new one is not that bad as it appears to you?

And about this styles loss: first off, I’m really sorry it happened. Secondly, that’s a serious problem and you better discuss it with the support team. Also, please leave us a bug report.

11. Kyle says:

Awesome update. Looks great.

Do you have any plans to make the product combinations easier to read and modify in the admin panel?

• Thanks! We have plans to make CS-Cart better and better, so any your suggestions are welcome :-) Maybe you could tell what exactly in the product combinations we should improve?

12. Rada says:

Hello there, connection with mobile is great idea. My ask is simple: Is there any way to adapt Twigmo for our resellers program? (At less, if we can to transate to the another language ourself?).

13. gurdji says:

I am getting an error since I upgraded to 2.2.1

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/leaculverde.ro/httpdocs/core/fn.promotions.php on line 393

14. Andreas Antonos says:

Good morning

I have update to 2.2.1
    When I am trying to insert (Select a file or enter a URL) image from the server the I resave the following error…

Message: ‘debug’ is null or not an object
    Line: 156842874
    Char: 52
    Code: 0
    URI: https://www.carsdeco.com/store_index.php?dispatch=products.update&product_id=29810

..and I can see the folder on the server on the popup menu

Any idea

15. 4us says:

I think, especially for the multi-vendor addition, it is important that for every function in the admin panel there is an information icon which explains in short how the vendor should use this function. If you want this backend to be easily usable for vendorsm and and with that LOTS less customer support intensive for admin.

16. 4us says:

Would also recommend the “Your order has been received”
    This is unused potential. This page needs the immediate question whether you want to post a messaqe about your purchase on your Facebook / Twitter. Needs immediate request for feedback and a link to the shops’ Twitter/Facebook pages. Too bad I need it in custom development now.

Vote for idea on http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/2036385-severe-adjustment-of-your-order-has-been-received?ref=title

17. umno says:

Can we have payment gateway feature for Ipay88 (http://www.ipay88.com/my/SME/paymentservice.asp) in the next release?

18. bair says:

Can I use pretty permalinks in CS-Cart?
    E.g. shop.com/category/product

19. wayne says:

Upgraded when the newer version 2.2.1 came out – am now getting this warning —

Warning
    This trial version of CS-Cart shopping cart software is licensed for a 30-day evaluation. After this period is over, you must either purchase the full commercial license or remove your copy CS-Cart Trial.

Purchased professional version on January 7 2011. Anyone have any clues ????

20. Wei says:

When are you going to release a bug fix release?

Thanks,