Professional-to-Ultimate Upgrades on Pre-sale

Good day,

Today we are happy to introduce the details of upgrading a CS-Cart Professional license to Ultimate Edition.

From now on and until the estimated Ultimate Edition release in spring 2012 you can apply for an exchange of one CS-Cart Professional license to a CS-Cart Ultimate license pack (1 core and 2 storefront licenses) at a special discount price: $300 if pre-ordered before January 1st, 2012, and only $355 after that and up to the release date. The upgrade fee will total $415 when CS-Cart Ultimate is released, so you have a unique opportunity to save $115 if you apply for an upgrade now.

Pre-sale: Upgrade CS-Cart Professional to Ultimate License

A CS-Cart Ultimate license pack includes 1 core (it just gives you the right to have one software copy) and 2 storefront licenses, so that as a result of purchasing the Pro-to-Ultimate upgrade your Professional license will be converted to one of these storefront licenses (after the final release). This means that this upgrade will not only provide you with the most sophisticated CS-Cart edition, but also give you an extra storefront license. Besides, we will include 40 extra support credits in every Pro-to-Ultimate upgrade.

You can pre-order a Pro-to-Ultimate upgrade on this page. Don’t miss your chance to enhance your existing CS-Cart store and save $115!

If you have any questions about edition upgrading we are happy to give you the answers in the comments.

37 Responses to “Professional-to-Ultimate Upgrades on Pre-sale”

1. ilias says:

Hello!
    you ask a question!
    I have a license multi vedor and a profesional.
    Also I have another domain where I want to put another store what would you suggest for my case?
    ilias

• Hello Ilias,

You have a very nice opportunity to deal with your Professional license here:

You can pre-order an upgrade of your Professional license to Ultimate. That will give you an extra storefront along with an admin panel to control it together with the one you own at the moment.
      Doing so is quiet favorable: instead of paying $235 for another Professional license and then maintain both storefronts independently you pay only $300 and get an easy way to manage both storefronts via the same back-end.

The second license you have is Multi-Vendor and can’t at the moment be upgraded to Ultimate. So the best option is just to keep it as it is.

Hope it was helpful! Ask right away if you have any further questions

2. what will happen with future professional cs-cart? will receive the update to version 3, but without multi shop?

3. Peter says:

Is it possible to activate the upgrade any time in the future after the purchase? We currently have only one store right now but have plans to build a separate store in a year or two.

We want to take advantage of the pre-sale offer but the upgrade will come only after we have the second store up.

• Hello Peter,

That’s a good question indeed, thanks!

Yes you could pre-order an edition upgrade right now and activate it any time after CS-Cart Ultimate Edition is released. If you wish to do it this way, please contact us via your Customer Help Desk account and we will process your request individually.

There’s an important thing you should keep in mind: when an upgrade is pre-ordered, you actually receive 3 licenses in your Help Desk account Licenses area. If you decide to pend the activation of the purchased upgrade, all 3 licenses will remain disactivated until you activate the upgrade. This means that you won’t be able to use the purchased Ultimate software until your perform the actual upgrade.

If there’s still anything you’d like to know, please ask.

4. Jasmine says:

This pre-sale saving of $115 is very tempting. I am considering if I should make the pre-order!

5. StellarBytes says:

Will there be any discount for a company which has purchased two 3 Professional licenses within the last 6 months who would like to upgrade to Ultimate and have One Core, 3 Storefronts, plus one other standalone Professional license for another site not required in the Core install.

In essence, what is the cost for existing customers to upgrade if they currently have 3 Professional Licenses, 3 of which will be incorporated into an Ultimate license, 3 Storefronts with 1 Core…?

Thanks

• Hi,

Thank you for the good question!

The special discount price is available at the moment, just $300 per upgrade. No further discounts are available currently independently on the number of previously purchased licenses.

The total cost of converting your 3 Pro licenses to an Ultimate one with 3 storefronts and having an extra Pro at the same time is as low as the same $300.
      See how it can work out for you: you upgrade one of your Professional licenses to Ultimate and get an extra storefront. Then you convert another Pro license to an Ultimate domain one for free. So, after doing so you will have a CS-Cart Ultimate license with 3 storefronts attached to it, and another CS-Cart Professional license left untouched.

If there’s anything not clear on this matter, please ask right away!

• Silvia says:

If I have 4 Professional storefronts, can I upgrade to Ultimate Edition with the same cost: $300? I did not understand very well how this will be done.

• Hello Silvia,

You see, $300 is the price of upgrading 1 Professional license to 1 Ultimate license pack. Basically, what I offer you to do is upgrade only 1 of your Pro licenses and just convert the others to Ultimate storefront ones (free of charge).

If you do it this way, the price is the same $300, independently on the number of Pro licenses you have (because, as I said before, only 1 of them is upgraded).

If you have any more questions, please do ask.

6. Peter Ruiter says:

I have exactly the same question as StellarBytes.
    I also have 3 Pro licenses and if I want to upgrade to the ultimate version, it should at least incorporate all my current licenses.

Is there a discount? Or do we have to pay for an upgrade to the ultimate version and at the side also pay for the Pro to extra storefronts seperatly?

7. RJ Teahouse says:

I have 1 Professional storefront,I know if I upgrade to Ultimate license pack can have 2 storefronts License,is it possible to use the second one in other Languages then English?

8. Abdul says:

I am bit confused about aditional domains. I have one back end but I want to have 4 front ends. If I upgrade for $300 I will only get 2 front ends. How much I have to pay extra for each additional front end.

Regards

Abdul

• Hello Abdul,

The retail price for an additional storefront license will be $195 and they are not available for pre-order. So you will be able to purchase additional storefront licenses only when CS-Cart Ultimate is released (the estimated release date is spring 2012).

I hope I answered your question.

9. Johan says:

We want to have 3 stores with ONE cart. Is this possible?

The way we invision is that we can share the shopping cart among the other stores so the person can shop at our “outlet” and our normal store at once, not having to checkout twice.

Is this possible?

Is it also possible to share products among the stores with custom prices depending on store?

• Hello Johan!

I did not fully understand your first question, could you please explain it again?

Talking about product sharing: yes it will be possible in CS-Cart Ultimate Edition. You will be able to share products and set prices individually.

10. Johan says:

Look at http://www.gap.com for example. You see at the top you can change stores.

If you place a product on Gap.com in your cart and then goto the other store Banana Republic and place a product. You have 2 products in cart from two different stores.

Now you want to checkout. You can checkout at Gap.com or Banana Republic with your cart, even if they are from two stores. It does not matter.

Is this possible?

• Oh, I see, thank you for the example!

Yes it is quiet possible with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Edition.
      It allows multiple vendors to use the same storefront to sell their products. Customers see all the products in 1 store and they have to checkout only once, even if they have purchased products from several vendors.
      The other important thing is that CS-Cart Multi-Vendor smartly handles orders containing products from multiple vendors: each vendor gets its respective share.
      You can consider it as a supermarket with multiple departments and one cashier. I think this model suits your needs quiet well.
      Our custom development team is happy to help you in case you need any special customizations.
      I hope the answer was helpful, if there are any further questions, please ask.

• Johan says:

But is it possible with Ultimate?

• Johan says:

P.S. we have the same vendor/warehouse in the backend… just 3 storefronts.

• Yes you will be able to make it with CS-Cart Ultimate too, but it seems to require more custom improvements. You see, Ultimate has separate checkouts for each storefront involved on purpose, so you will have to override it if you want your customers to use 1 common checkout.
          Therefore I personally suggest you to try Multi-Vendor.

Apart from separate checkout for each storefront Ultimate is the thing your need.

11. I wanted to know if it will be released when completed edition of version 3.0 will have the functions described here http://blog.cs-cart.com/2011/11/01/new-features-in-the-future-cs-cart-3-release /
    also wanted to know if it will be released in February?

• Sorry I wanted to say Ultimate Edition no completed edition

• Hello Alberto,

CS-Cart 3 will be released in spring 2012. Unfortunately, we can’t be more precise at the moment, keep up with the updates.

This new version will be available in 4 editions, one of which will be Ultimate. It will have all the features of CS-Cart 3, that includes all the features described in the post you quoted.

If you have any further questions, or I have understood your wrong, please ask right away.

12. Joachim says:

Hi. Any more news on the CS-Cart Ultimate edition? Could you make a new blog entry regarding the progress, for us that is sitting around waiting for this release?

- Joe

13. John says:

Hi John here…

As a customer, I’ve been struggling with a few things. Therefore, I’m expecting the following updates:

1) Improvement in block manager (sometimes screw things up, and some options are not working properly.) Also, I can’t do this functionality within cs-cart for some reason:

a. have a “new arrival” category
    b. on product page, “related products in the category” tab. Click “More Like this” on this site for an example (http://master-resale-rights.com/marketing/search-engine-seo/seo-videos/wordpress-seo-for-beginners-ebook-and-video-series-plr/)

2) Flexible seo system. Improve SEO functionality. This is more important than you think. I think the problem at Cs-cart is that the developers think they got this part right. When in actuality they don’t. Do a little research into seo functionality or plugins used from other shopping carts. Then you’ll discover new things. One of the reason wordpress is successful is partly due to being optimized for seo. (very important!) . More people will buy a software known to be loved by the search engines. Cause if Cs-cart functionality bring more traffic, which brings more money. Then CS-cart will have more of a buzz, more traffic, and more converting visitors.

3) Add support for mailing system (getresponse, aweber, mailchimp)
    4) Abandon Shopping Cart Reminder (Increase conversions)
    5) Facebook Store and facebook/google login

6) Expand Cs-cart – how? Cs-cart plugin directory. have directory be “free only” . If any paid version of plugin, it should be provided on creator’s personal website. Don’t be like prestoshop, where you have both paid and free directory. Not good! Analyze wordpress directory and you’ll see what I’m talking about: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

This new implementation will create a big buzz.

If I owned cs-cart, I can take this business to the next level. However, good looking software. But focus on functionality that really aid businesses. I understand sometimes customers don’t really know what they want. Listen, and know what right. I feel sometimes CS-cart develop a bunch features they think is in demand or important (A little a research needs to be given your developers before they say this or that is or not necessary). Multistore, rss feed (excellent, if provide information of latest products added), color change looks good, but not really a priority to most customers. Those I mention above and your rss feed looks more necessary for what the majority of consumers really need. Takes care of the basic problem they will face when setting up to marketing their site. SEO is important! remember!

I was a new and long time customer and these are also many of the problems that halted my production and conversions with cs-cart. Still waiting…..:|

• Hello John!

Thank you for such a huge collection of ideas, this is really very helpful for us.

1) a. You could use a New arrivals block instead or create a New arrivals category and fill it manually. If you need namely a self-refreshing category with the latest additions, you could use some help from our Custom development department, or try to create the proper add-on for yourself.
      b. CS-Cart will allow you to create custom product tabs, so this functionality will be just no problem.

2) Thanks for this tip! Could you please post your SEO improvement ideas at our Idea tracker? This is the main place we take ideas to be implemented from. If the feature is valued by other clients too, we will include it in our development circle.

3) CS-Cart has its own built-in mailing system. Also, Mailchimp and AWeber integration are already suggested, you can vote these features up.

4) The abandoned cart feature is already available in CS-Cart 2.x. Just got to Customers -> Abandoned/Live carts in your administration area.

5) Facebook login, as well as login with Google, Twitter, OpenID and many other services are provided by the built-in Janrain add-on. It integrates your CS-Cart store with a Janrain account. You can read more about this feature in this post.
      Facebook store feature is one of the most highly rated in the Uservoice. We consider it a very valuable feature, and it is going to be implemented sometime in the future.

6) Sorry, I didn’t quiet get what you mean. CS-Cart add-ons are available right from the admin area, and they are all free.

Thanks again for your thoughts, this is really helping making CS-Cart better!