Twigmo: New Release and Pricing

Hello everybody,

Twigmo

Today we are happy to announce a new version of Twigmo — a set of tools to make CS-Cart stores mobile-friendly.

Along with bug fixes Twigmo brings forth several new features:

• With the “Home page category” setting it is possible to configure Twigmo Mobile Front-End to┬ádisplay products from a particular category on the home page.
  • The “Use mobile front-end” option has been extended and applies mobile skin only for phones, only for tablets, for all supported devices or deactivates mobile front-end.
  • Tab bar appearance and position has changed. Also the search products feature is now available on the home page.
  • Added support of payment methods available in CS-Cart except Paypal Express Checkout & Google Checkout.

New Pricing Policy

From now on Twigmo Mobile Front-End is available under several different plans.

UPD: The plans have been updated, check out the new pricing:

• Free — for stores with less than 100 1000 products.
  • Basic$9 per month — for stores containing 101–5,000 1,001–10,000 products.
  • Plus $19 per month — for stores with 5,001–50,000 10,001–50,000 products.

There is a 30 day free trial available for every plan.

The sales will start in March, 2012.

Twigmo Mobile Admin and Twigmo Add-on are absolutely free as they were, no matter how big the store is.

Read more about Twigmo on our website and keep up with the latest Twigmo news on its official Facebook page.

As usual, your comments are very welcome!

19 Responses to “Twigmo: New Release and Pricing”

1. StellarBytes says:

Payment structure is a disappointment. Seems CS-Cart are going down the SAAS route after all; shame.

• Hi,

Actually, I agree with you — this is a SaaS-like pricing policy. Only what is bad about it?

Twigmo Mobile Front-End is developed and kept in actual state on our server. This allows us to deliver the freshest version of Twigmo Mobile Front-End to each customer without updating whole CS-Cart installation.
      So, in the way, Twigmo is a service, which has resulted in this pricing policy choice.

Also, we use such pricing only when it is considered reasonable, so Twigmo Mobile Admin and Twigmo Add-on both remain free.

If any further questions remain, do not hesitate to ask!

2. Brandon says:

Unfortunately, Twigmo is buggy across platforms. Too bad CS-Cart is wasting time on such 3rd party integration that is difficult to setup and is unreliable. It would be great if CS-Cart focused their energies on integrating core functionality like this into the platform instead of forcing us to pay for functionality that should be included native to the platform! And what serious eCommerce store will have fewer than 100 products?! In this case, “free” is meaningless.

• Hello, Brandon,

I see your point here, let me try to explain why we stick up to this policy.

Twigmo brings one way or another an additional functionality to CS-Cart, which some clients would rather not use.
      Also, Twigmo has its own independent development cycle, including it to the core would make keeping Twigmo up to date much harder.

Regarding these 2 points, making Twigmo a separate add-on looks like a very logical and proper decision, and we tend to consider it this way.

I agree with you on the idea that a serious store with less than 100 products is hardly imaginable. Still, Free plan will come in very handy for ecommerce beginners, store owners who have just run their online shops and are willing to try out the mobile capabilities of CS-Cart.

3. Nico says:

A one-time fee would have been acceptable, but this is disappointing indeed.

• Hello Nico,

Thank you for the feedback, it is really helpful as we are just starting to use this pricing policy.

Could you please specify why exactly you find it unacceptable? And why a one-time fee would have been more preferable for you.

4. Brandon says:

And the priority of something like this is so low compared with other functionality that I wish CS-Cart was working on. For example, how long until we see CS-Cart 3 with better search functionality (although this is also a 3rd party SaaS … sigh)? There are so many improvements that could be made to make this product more functional and user friendly and I feel like CS-Cart has gotten sidetracked with these little 3rd party projects and payment gateways! It seems like we have enough payment gateways, can we please work on improving the usability of the cart now?!

• Dear Brandon,

Thank you for the feedback! Could you please tell what usability improvements you could suggest? That’d be just very helpful.

Searchanise and Twigmo are not 3rd parties for they are fully developed by our company and included in CS-Cart as its essential parts.

These services involve usage of our servers so we offer them more as SaaS solutions, which is logical in the situation.

I would also note that CS-Cart 3 has numerour major features and a whole new edition, which should indicate that the core development is not forgotten at all, on the contrary, it is very active at the moment.

The release candidate is coming really soon already, maybe you will change your opinion about some things after you try it :-)

Thanks again for your help!

5. Duncan says:

Love the idea but won’t get many of our clients to take this up as soon as they see monthly fee. Would have much preferred to see a bridge to eBay, is this planned anytime soon ??

• Hello Duncan,

Could you please explain why you expect your clients will not like the monthly fee? This would be very useful, we might improve the payment system if we see some reasonable arguments from our and your clients.

Ebay integration is not planned to be included in CS-Cart 3, which is in the focus at the moment. This feature may will be included in the future, though it is not yet exactly scheduled.

6. Jasmine says:

Twigmo looks like a good feature, but just like the others who have voiced out, I don’t like the pricing structure.

7. utilis says:

great add on and the SaaS pricing is fair… If it generates one extra sale per month on my website then it’s paid for itself….
    For stores with up to 10,000 if $9 a month is too much to pay for a mobile friendly frontend, then maybe get one developed by a 3rd party for a one time fee, it won’ tbe cheap though…But then you also have to deal with & pay for ongoing bug fixes & upgrades..

8. Lee says:

I just today decided to activate Twigmo. Looked good and I was very impressed, expecially when using the iPhone. Having decided to use it as standard, I installed the update that CS Cart admin told me needed to be done.

Once done, the mobile frontend version went, and now visitors see the classic version. I am guessing that once I updated I can no longer use the mobile view. So I have had about 1 hour of people being able to see the mobile version and now, all of a sudden there is no benefit to them and I find out about a pricing policy.

Personally I am not against paying for such a service, but them prices are just not customer friendly at all. CS Cart have to remember that as most of the sites are likely to be managed by web developers/designers we have to pass on such charges to the customer, and monthly charges really do not work. Furthermore, given the massive surge in people using mobile devices, clients are expecting that mobile accessibility is provided almost as standard, and not at a price that is soon going to run into costs that are more that the original license for the entire shop software.

A one time fee would be my prefered option as I can simply offer it as an extra one of service… not an an extra monthly commitment!

9. Bryan H. says:

the one of the reasons I chose cs-cart was because cs-cart didn’t have any other hidden fee or Saas fee, but now what’s the difference from other shopping carts?

• Hello Bryan,

The pricing for CS-Cart itself hasn’t changed a bit. It is still a one-time payment model.

We use a SaaS-like payment model for Twigmo because it just fits better for the service.

10. To all the others voicing concerns about monthly pricing. If you don’t like the monthly fee, there are alternatives: http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/cs-cart-addons/cs-cart-mobile-skin.html

Also, suggest what a fair one-time price would be instead of voicing complaints. Being a design and development firm ourselves, it’s rare that I wouldn’t host the site so, tagging on another monthly fee isn’t an issue but, I would need to explain it as well.

A few others also said to “focus on more core features”. I’m siding with CS-Cart here. What core features needed to be added? List them out when you voice that opinion.

IMHO, one feature that is SORELY missing for me and my clients is a link builder, in the admin for the menu and quick-links. What I mean by “link builder” is a modal window that allows you to select from different areas of the site like a category, product, banner, etc. and it builds the URL and fills in the URL field.

Here’s a good example: http://extensions.joomla.org//components/com_mtree/img/listings/m/21798.png

The copy/paste method is not user friendly and, another area that needs a builder is the “Activate menu tab for” right under that. I get more calls and questions on that one field which drives up support costs for me.

Also, add some tooltips for those areas in the mean time so that you have some explanation for what they do.

• Hi Eric!

I agree with you that the ‘URL’ and ‘Activate menu item for dispatch’ fields do need tooltips for it is unclear what they mean until you try it. The tooltips are to be added soon.

And the URL builder feature also seems interesting, thank you a lot for this one, too.

One way or another, new features will be added in CS-Cart not sooner than v. 3 is released.