CS-Cart 3 Final Released

Greetings,

We are very happy to announce that CS-Cart 3 is finally finished and released!

It’s been a huge work and we are very proud to accomplish our goal — develop a modern, stylish and powerful eCommerce solution to suit the needs of any online business.

We thank everybody who helped us improve CS-Cart by submitting bug reports, sharing feature ideas and providing us with feedback.

CS-Cart 3 Final

What’s new?

Oh, a lot :-)

Firstly, there is a new edition — CS-Cart Ultimate (formerly known as Multi-Store). It’s a powerful and scalable tool to allow you to control many stores from 1 admin panel.

Then it is the new page layout that brings flexibility to store look and feel. Thanks to the 960.gs grid system your store will look the same on all types of monitors of any size, saving designers from the headache of deploying different designs for different screens.

CS-Cart 3 Storefront

Editing blocks in the new block manager has become more flexible, yet more transparent and logical. And it just looks great!

CS-Cart 3 Block manager

The default storefront skin has been totally remade. It looks and feels modern and smooth.

There are tons of small improvements and bug fixes as well as new features in this new release. Among them are such items as RSS and Watermark add-ons, integration with Robokassa, DirectOne, Paysite Cash, eMerchantPay payment systems and EMS shipping integration.

See the changelog to get the full list.

CS-Cart 3 Storefront

Developers

Add-on development will be easier for CS-Cart 3 than it was for older versions. We have improved and enhanced the addon.xml scheme, and the new block scheme will give developers more freedom in embedding their add-on functionality within store front-end.

We have also improved the Developer Documentation. It is yet to be worked on further, but it already contains lots of up-to-date information necessary for successful add-on development and adapting.

CS-Cart 3 Storefront

How do I get it?

You can download a free 30-day trial of any commercial edition (Professional, Multi-Vendor or Ultimate) from our official website.

Ready to buy a full commercial license? You can do it on the this page.

If you are already a license owner, you can download your own installation package directly from the File Area in our Help Desk system.

Upgrade from CS-Cart 2.2.4

CS-Cart 3 is a major release with many significant differences compared with CS-Cart 2.2.4, which makes a plain straightforward upgrade process from via the Upgrade center impossible.

There is a special upgrade tool being developed right now that will handle the upgrade. It will take some time to develop a reliable instrument, so we just ask all store owners for patience.

Feel free to share your opinion and ask questions regarding CS-Cart 3.0.1 right here in the comments, we’ll be happy to answer.

As always, you are welcome to post your and vote for others’ improvement ideas in our UserVoice.

If you happen to find any bugs, please use our bug tracker to submit the information about them. With your help we can make CS-Cart even better.

Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter to get the latest CS-Cart news.

145 Responses to “CS-Cart 3 Final Released”

1. icehosting says:

Great news :)
    thanks a lot for the release :)

2. Jasmine says:

Oh, finally it’s released. Can’t wait for the upgrade tool to be ready so that I can upgrade my store to this latest version.

Anyway, my CS-Cart is older than 2.2.4, will your upgrade tool still work?

• Hi Jasmine,

The upgrade tool will only work with CS-Cart 2.2.4, older versions will not be supported. So you will first need to upgrade your store to 2.2.4 to be able to upgrade to CS-Cart 3.0.1.

3. Kiril Yovev says:

Yess yess!

4. Chandra says:

WOW this is awesome to see the new features in new version. can’t wait to upgrade.

5. Yannis says:

I have a very old version, 2.0.8 running and i would like to know if i can have this version for free since is it a major upgrade. I don’t need the upgrade tool, i just want to have the new version for a clean install in my site.

• Dear Yannis,

If you have purchased your license less than a year ago or you have an active upgrade subscription, you can download CS-Cart 3 from the File area of your Help Desk account.

Note that 1 CS-Cart license gives you the right to have only only 1 CS-Cart installation. In case you wish to install CS-Cart 3 along with your existing CS-Cart 2.0.8, you should purchase an additional license. If you’d like to delete the existing store and install CS-Cart 3 instead, your current license will work just fine (if your upgrade subscription is not over).

6. Amit says:

Thanks a lot! Nice to see a continuous development push by Cs Cart, and excited about the new edition.

Hate to ask the obvious, but what’s the timeframe for the upgrade tool / script? ;-)

Waiting to test drive CS Cart 3 with full data from older version sites

• Dear Amit,

The upgrade tool from CS-Cart 3 RC to CS-Cart 3 Final will be released shortly, hopefully this week.

As for the 2.2.4 to 3 upgrade tool, the timeframe is not yet clear. We will start the development as soon as possible though.

• Amit says:

Dear Konstantin

Thank you for the reply. I fully appreciate and understand the prioritization, and I know that the earliest the migration tool can be started is next week.

However, I don’t know if the 2.2.4 > 3.0.1 tool ‘s development-to-release cycle will be in days or weeks (e.g. any chance of end-May / 1st week june)?

Would appreciate even a rough estimate, so we can plan for conversion, and set aside the schedule.

Thanks!
        Amit

• Dear Amit,

The 2.2.4 to 3.0.1 upgrade tool is to be released not earlier that the beginning of June. That is unfortunately all the information on this matter I can provide you with at the time.
          Thanks you for understanding..

7. Maxim says:

how to wait for the update tool?

• Hello Maxim,

The update tool for the release candidates will be release very soon, probably this week. As soon as we are finished with it we’ll begin developing the tool to upgrade CS-Cart 2.2.4 to CS-Cart 3.0.1.

8. Roberto says:

Contrats!!
    You made aa great Work. For me, and really to for other is mutch easyer to Work with our cart.
    Thank you.

9. SoftSolid says:

What a wonderful day! Well, to battle! ;) Большое спасибо!

10. Achilles Chamaidis says:

The developers team makes “Great job”.

11. vidan says:

hello congrats on cscart3, but dont forget cscart225
    and then my question, if i just import users table and product table database from cs224, and export it to cs3, is it possible to work that way?

• Hi,

Yes, if you manually export user and product tables from CS-Cart 2.2.4 and import them in CS-Cart 3.0.1, there’s a pretty good chance everything will be imported as it should.
      You should, of course, transfer tables between the same editions, e.g. CS-Cart Professional 2.2.4 to CS-Cart Professional 3.0.1.

12. londonman says:

v224 owner badly needs it now …

13. Marwa El-Dawy says:

Thank you for the great work.
    Does the new version support Right to Left languages by default or I have to implement this myself ?

14. André says:

Congratulations for Cs-Cart V.3

I want to know, currently i have the Pro Version of Cs-Cart, when i buy the ultimate version can i release unlimited Stores with it on different Domain? And i dont need for each Sub Shop a seperate license? Or i need?

thank you for your answer!

• Hi André,

When you purchase a CS-Cart Ultimate license you get 2 storefronts available by default. Each storefront can reside on any domain you like, independently on one another or any other license you have.
      Any additional Ultimate Storefront license has its own domain, once again, absolutely independently on the domains of any other licenses.

In order to add a storefront to an existing Ultimate installation you need to purchase a separate Ultimate Storefront license.

So, for example, if you currently have a CS-Cart Professional license issued for the domain “www.my-professional-store.com”, and you purchase an Ultimate license, you can easily put 1 storefront on “www.my-first-ultimate-storefront.com” and the second one on “www.my-second-ultimate-storefront.com”. If you later extend your Ultimate installation by purchasing additional storefront license, you can simply set its domain as “www.another-ultimate-storefront.com”.

I hop the explanation was clear. Ask right away if you have any more questions!

15. Brandon says:

I guess Searchanise still isn’t ready? I was told it would be live at the launch of v. 3.

• Dear Brandon,

Yes, unfortunately Searchanise does not work in CS-Cart 3.0.1. We plan to launch it by the upcoming minor release.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we ask you fir understanding.

• Brandon says:

VERY unfortunate and makes v. 3 a lot less helpful. CS-Cart dev team focuses so much of their time on the look and payment gateways that they neglect the functionality such as search (the most important thing), cross-selling/upselling, etc. We need features, not just a pretty interface.

16. Andrea says:

Hi,
    I have noticed installing 3.0.1 that only 1 skin it’s available (basic skin) in the storefront side. Is this normal?

• Hello Andrea,

Yes, this is normal, CS-Cart 3 comes with 1 storefront skin. We will release more free templates later.
      Note that CS-Cart 3 is provided with a powerful block manager and built-in template editor, which allow you to customize the storefront in many ways.

17. Roger says:

Installing now!

18. Patrick says:

Only one thing to say: Good work :)

19. Vali says:

Good work, but as an developer can i choose not to choose 960.gs? or this is not an option

• Hi Vali,

It is not possible to “turn off” 960.gs in CS-Cart 3, but you can override the default 960.gs behavior to create full- and custom-width layouts.
      Please read more in the article in our Knowledge base.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

20. Kikva says:

Thanks again for final release, great work!

I’m wondering if we would be able to transfer our translations from 2.2.4 to 3.0.1?
    Or we have to do translations again?

• Dear Kikva,

The import should work all right. You might will have some issues with setting titles, but generally translations should work fine.

• Shehab says:

Dear,
        I have tried to export and import the language translation from the old 2.2.4 to the 3.0.1
        through admin panel>Administration>Export date.
        Every thing went smooth, no error, but I found that there are no changes in the language part, or variables. it looks like the translation is not there
        Am I doing it right, or there is another way ??

• Dear Shehab,

I have just tried to import a translation from CS-Cart 2.2.4 to 3.0.1 and all the language variables were imported. I suggest you try to do it again and if you face the same trouble again please contact our support team.

Note that setting translations are not imported. These translations are not stored in language variables and can’t be imported via admin panel Import tool. Settings should be translated with the help of the Translation Mode (Administration -> Translation Mode).

21. monaye says:

Great Work!! Looks very nice.

22. Dwain Martin says:

Hello,
    With the new CS-Cart 3 will we be able to give Google all the info the require when uploading products to Google Merchant center? Also what is the best approach to upgrading my 2.0.8 version?

• Hi Dwain,

Both CS-Cart 2.2.4 and CS-Cart 3 are capable to upload product to Google Base (Administration -> Export, Google base tab). According to Google that is all you need to upload your products to Google Merchant:

If you have been uploading Products through Google Base, your data feeds and account settings have been migrated to the new Merchant Center.

Source

The best way to upgrade your CS-Cart 2.0.8 installation to CS-Cart 3.0.1 is to sequentially upgrade it to CS-Cart 2.2.4 and the upgrade it to CS-Cart 3.0.1 with the upgrade tool, which will be release later.

If you have any other questions, I am keen to answer!

23. richard says:

Will the upgrade from2.24 to 3.01 be free

regards

richard

24. Jasmine says:

If my license was purchased more than 1 year ago, how much will be the upgrade?

25. Dean says:

You have got to be joking.

So if your no longer in the 1 year subscription as an owner of the multi-vendor, your wanting legitimate customers to pay an additional fee for bug fixes ?

Have I bumped my head or have I misunderstood ?

• Dear Dean,

Every commercial CS-Cart license comes with 1 year of free upgrades. As soon as this 1st free subscription expires license owner should purchase an upgrade subscription for their CS-Cart license if they want to get access to upgrades (see the pricing).

Please note that a once purchased CS-Cart license itself is valid forever with no need of prolongation. So if you do not need any upgrades, you’re free not to buy any upgrade subscriptions and run your store with no additional fees.

If you have any questions regarding CS-Cart licensing and pricing, feel free to ask — I’ll be happy to clear it up for you!

• Jasmine says:

But still, if you want to get the patches for bugs after the 1 year expiry, you will have to pay for the so called upgrades.

• Dean says:

So back to my main question, so legitimate customers need to purchase an upgrade to get bug fixes ?

Please take a good look at your release notes on the final build…nearly 80% of the upgrade is bug fixes.

Please correct me If I’m wrong, but your wanting customers to pay twice to have a 101% bug free system ?

New features I don’t care for, bug fixes I do. The upgrades don’t offer any new real impact to what we already have.

• Dear Dean,

Yes you are right, legitimate commercial license owners have 1 free year-long upgrade subscription, after that, if they want to have access to the new upgrades, they should purchase a subscription for their CS-Cart edition. A subscription gives you the right to have all CS-Cart updates, both minor and major, for 1 year.

Still, you do not pay twice the same as a subscription costs nearly 7 times lower than a full license (for CS-Cart Professional).

I understand that you do not care about new features, still, a lot of our clients do, so new features are developed and included in the upgrades as well as bug fixes.

• Dean says:

So, if I bought CS-cart Multi-vendor over a year ago and I’m wanting to get the new stable release which is CS3 which is supposed to have all the bugs corrected, I’m going to have to pay for an upgrade ?

• Dear Dean,
              Yes, exactly: if you have purchased your Multi-Vendor license over a year ago and you don’t currently have an active upgrade subscription, you should purchase one to be able to get upgrades, including the major CS-Cart 3 version.

I’d also like to remind that the 1 year upgrade access policy is about to be replaced with the one based on major releases. The exact dates are not yet available, but we will announce them as soon as we can.

• Gabriel says:

Pure mad

• Dean says:

Pure Mad ? it should be illegal having customers pay for bug fixes which should have been addressed when they first come to light.

I’m the owner of a game development studio and I can just imagine our customer reactions if I said sorry, but if you discover any bug fixes you will need to pay for them if you’ve had the title for over a year.

I for one wont be purchasing any additional licenses. Lesson learned.

• Dear Dean,

It’s a pity to hear that. I hope there’s a chance you change your mind.
                    Maybe when the upgrade policy is changed you will find it suitable for your needs.

• Gabriel says:

Dean, I agree with you. “Pure mad” was message to CS-Cart upgrade policy.

• Dean says:

Hi Gabriel, yep :-)

Konstantin, as you probably know that our studio develops pc, web based and also mac games and one of our most important aspects is getting the products to our customers whether they be digital or boxed.

If our store is not bug free we lose our customers faith which equals sales. If this is the case and cs-cart are failing our needs and failing to provide a bug free solution, our current store model will have to change.

26. Kikva says:

Dear Konstantin,

We are not sure when an upgrade tool from 2.4 to 3 will be published.
    So before this is done, is it OK if we manually transfer database tables and image folders?
    Also, Is there any point which we should take in mind before doing that? (For example if you changed some table structures or added/deleted some of them)

Thanks in advance…

• Dear Kikva,

Yes you can use the built-in export/import functionality of the admin panel to transfer orders, products, translations and users, and it should work fine.
      I suggest you just be careful and create backups so you don’t lose any information if something goes wrong. The database structure modifications should not have affected the export/import functionality.

We’d be happy to get your feedback about how the transfer has gone!

• Kikva says:

Dear Konstantin,

Thanks for your reply.
        I didn’t used built in export/import functions for that. I did it from database to database manually. While doing that, I faced some table differences in CS3 (for example new fields in some tables or even less fields), but ignoring them as they all have default value did the job.

The only part i could not transfer was “newsletter campaign and mailing list names”, I could not found this values in cs2.4 database at all. If I fail finding that part, I’ll have to do subscriptions for all subscribers manually unfortunately.
        Also would be nice if you can point me where I can find these values.

That’s all for now, though I’m still testing it now. (BTW I’m using multivendor)

• Dear Kikva,

The mentioned database tables are created by the News & emails add-on, and its structure hasn’t changed since 2.2.4.

You can find all the table names that are created by this add-on in its addon.xml file in CS-Cart 3 (addons/news_and_emails/addon.xml, lines 226 to 234).

If you have any further difficulties, please do not hesitate to ask.

• Tried the export them import, everythings seems to work execpt the order items

• Kikva says:

Dear Mark Westerman,
          Export/import functions is good enough, but it can not transfer settings like, product option combinations and related values, mailing lists and subscriptions, payment and shipping methods, product filters, global options, categories and many other settings.

Dear Konstantin,
          While testing I found only 1 “categories” bug yet, I reported it on bug tracker.
          If any questions arrive I’ll ask, thanks.

• Applied says:

How can import / export be used? When I tried it the export users did not export the user ID (so orders link to the wrong users) and products do not export the product ID therefore orders link to the wrong items. What am I missing here?

• Hello,

Product and user ids are store-specific, they are not copied to avoid id conflicts.

Order export/import is intended to be used within the same store and, unlike product and user import, can’t be used as a workaround for 2.2.4 to 3.0.1 upgrade until the upgrade tool is released.

Note that apart from the id related issues there are certain other peculiarities that must be taken into account when upgrading database from 2.2.4 to 3.0.1, and that’s the reason we are developing the upgrade tool in the first place.

Generally, you should consider using export/import functionality for the purpose of upgrading merely as a temporary workaround.

27. jamcito says:

Do not work under chrome and opera:
    Some error log from it:

No requests captured. Reload the page to see detailed information on the network activity.
    Uncaught ReferenceError: fn_strip_tags is not defined admin.php:64
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘editing_quick_menu_section’ of undefined admin.php:549
    6event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

28. Jamie says:

Hi i bought the 2.4 just before 3 came out, is there a free upgrade? or how much do i add to upgrade to 3?
    thanks

• Hi Jamie,

The upgrade from CS-Cart 2.2.4 to CS-Cart 3 is free for you. A year long access to upgrades is included with every commercial CS-Cart license.
      You should just wait for us to release the upgrade tool.

29. Sergey says:

Hi, i bought 2.2.4 and still waiting for 3 version from my distributor. When new version will be able for distributors in Russia? Thanks;)

• Hello Sergey,

The new version is already available for distributors (including distributors in Russia), as soon as it’s been released.
      You should ask your distributor about this issue, it’s probably something on their side.

30. John Doe says:

You are doing a big strategy mistake offering only 1 year free for updates. You should think more to this issue. Why not charging for new versions instead of 1 year free updates? Let me explain how you are wrong. If there are bugs over this period of 1 year we have to pay to get the updates. Translating this into English means paying for your mistakes, every one year new subscription. This is not good. I like your software but for many years I skipped your solution because this 1 year free updates. If you change your policy which in my opinion is wrong I will buy lots of licenses. I am a developer and I cannot afford to tell my customers to pay fees for bugs. Hope you understand having open minds.

• Dear John,

We are currently working on a new upgrade policy. We will switch to a model similar to the one you’ve just described: year-long upgrade subscription will be replaced with an upgrade access for 1 major version.

The exact dates of the transfer to the new policy are not yet announced. Keep up with the news!

• Lemon Tisov says:

Konstantin this is good. Like John I also skipped CS-Cart because of your policy. Look at any software on the market and you will see companies like Adobe or Corel selling their new version with a price and upgrades with a smaller price. But updates even with features for the current paid version is free of charge. You have lots of complains about your policy, all over I read in forums.

I think this is a bug. If the quantity of a product is set to 0 when I push Add to Cart button, the script adds it to cart which is not correct. You should not add a zero quantity product to cart. A warning should be displayed to customer for making a quantity choice.

• Dean says:

Lets hope for John Doe’s sake that the upgrade policy doesn’t take more than a year to be released. Otherwise he will fall into the same predicament the rest of us did.

31. ceyhun ebil says:

We have uploaded the new 3.0 version in a different folder. But that information, version 3.0 on 2.2.4 Can we get over?

32. StellarBytes says:

Now that some developers are now selling CS3 compatible skins, I wondered if these are also compatible with CS3 Ultimate? If not, what differences are there and where can I find information on how to implement the necessary changes?

33. mercadeo en linea says:

Q: I have 4 CS-Cart Professional installations and I want to switch to Ultimate Edition to have the ability to manage all my stores via a common admin panel. What should I do and how will the upgrade work in this case?

• Hi,

It is possible to upgrade a CS-Cart Professional license to CS-Cart Ultimate license.
      The upgrades are available for purchase.

It is also possible to exchange CS-Cart Professional licenses to CS-Cart Ultimate Storefront licenses for free.

In your case the best option will be to upgrade 1 Professional license, so you’ll be able to use an Ultimate admin panel and attach additional storefronts, and exchange the other 3 to Ultimate storefronts. This way you will have to pay only for an edition upgrade and also have 1 extra storefront available, since an Ultimate installation includes 2 by default.

Please read about the upgrade process in detail in this post , there’s exactly your case explained.

34. Tim says:

Why the basic Preorder / backorder function for individual product still not in this update? and this should be also for the item with option,,, I have been finally see a new version, but this should be included XD

• Dear Tim,

A product can be made available for pre-order individually if you set the Out of stock action to Buy in advance on the product editing page (the Availability section).

I hope I have understood you right. In case you have any questions regarding this or any other point, do not hesitate to ask!

35. Jamie says:

Hi, i was the one who recently bought a 2.4 version a few months ago, i haven’t use it yet because when i was about to install it the version 3 was on beta,
    can i download the trial version of version 3 and use my license key to make it full version? so i wont need the 2.4 to 3 upgrade tool because my site is still empty
    thanks

• Mukesh says:

If you have bought your license just a few months ago then you are still entitled to upgrades for the next 1 year which includes the version 3 and its updates.

36. James says:

There is no Localization block on cs-cart 3.
    How to make a localization selector?

• Dear James,

Could you please specify your problem?

You see, there were no Localization blocks in CS-Cart 2.2.4 either, so I can not quiet understand what you mean.

As for CS-Cart 3, there are no localizations available only in Ultimate edition for they have been replaced with the Entry page functionality and individual region settings for storefronts.
      Localizations in the other CS-Cart 3 editions can be managed like before under Shipping & Taxes -> Localizations in the admin area.

• James says:

Hi,

On 2.2.4 version, if I set localiztion, I could see localization selector.(http://www.direct2buy.ca)
        Yes, I can use this url for cs-cart 3 MVE. (Using quick link index.php/?lc=2)

The Entry page on ultimate edition looks great.
        But I need a supplier function, so can the entry page be possible for MVE?
        Or when can I use supplier function for ultimate edition?
        I cannot decide to purchase MVE or Ultimate edition because of this issue.

• Dear James,

Thank you for the link, you question is much clearer now.

Generally, this functionality you refer to has now evolved to CS-Cart Ultimate, so it seems to be the thing you need compared to Multi-Vendor.

I see 3 options for you to solve you problem:
          - Use CS-Cart Ultimate and substitute the suppliers functionality by assigning separate storefronts to separate locations, and thus individual shippings. In case you have only 2 localizations, the overall price price will be just $650, and you will have a convenient entry page;
          - Wait till we add the suppliers functionality in Ultimate. It is coming in one of the future minor releases. Can’t be more specific at the time though;
          - Use CS-Cart Multi-Vendor with custom-added entry page.

I’d be happy to answer any further questions you might have!

37. Renato says:

Ok, so if I have purchased cs cart in september 2011, can I remove that copy download from here V3 and install it on same server? And will language file that I saved work inv3?

• Hello Renato,

Yes you can download the new version and install it instead of your current version for free.

I am sorry, but I could not understand what you mean by “language file”. You will be able to import the database from CS-Cart 2.2.4 to CS-Cart 3.0.1 using the upgrade tool (it will be released shortly).
      You can also try to import the database manually using the built-in export/import functionality.

• Renato says:

Thnx for the reply. Iment when iI export language from previous cs cart, can I import it in cs 3?

• Dear Renato,

Yes, the translations should work properly if imported from CS-Cart 2.2.4.

Note that setting translations are not stored in language variables, so they will not be imported if you use the export/import functionality.

38. Sakthi Ganesh says:

I have found the new cs-cart is loading faster than the previous versions (optimized speed) and the theme is looking cool.

Lot of new features .Congrats to the team.

39. Dean says:

Is this guy being paid to give SimBrisk a good review ?

“I have to 2 stores using cs-carts. 100% satisfied so far. Thank you guys for dedicating to releasing updates once a month, sometimes once 2 month.”
    Steven”

40. Kikva says:

Dear Konstantin,

I could not success with this modification: http://kb.cs-cart.com/displaying-payment-icons
    Could you please check it? Though, it was working for 2.2.4.

Thanks…

• Dear Kikva,

This is a bug, thank you very much for this report. Icons only work for the Checkout type payments (Amazon Checkout, Google Checkout, etc.).
      I’ve reported it just right now so it will be fixed shortly.

41. Louise says:

Hello,

Any new update on when the update tool will be ready?

Thank you!

42. Tea says:

Can I look around CS-cart 3 admin demo?

43. Sugel says:

• Dear Sugel,

You should upgrade one of your Professional licenses to Ultimate and then attach the rest to it as storefronts. You will have to pay for 1 license upgrade: $415.

Note that first will have to upgrade to the latest CS-Cart version, so an active upgrade subscription will be necessary.

Though the license upgrade is already available (just leave a request in Help Desk), the database upgrade tool is still work in progress. You will be able to transfer your existing data as soon as it is released (approximately in 3 weeks).

44. xabi sudjatmiko says:

hello konstantin and teams
    if i already install trial of cs cart version 2.2.4 and right now there’s version 3, and i’d like to try, i have to wait untill upgrade tools ready right? and when the update tools ready, will it be available for user whom use trial version like me? and also, after i backup/migrate using that upgrade tools (that soon to be released), am i just uploading installer versi 3 to my hosting and then do an upgrade process?
    still confuse how to upgrade from version 2 to version 3, probably coz i always depends on softaculous thing :(

• Dear Xabi,

Upgrades are not available for trial licenses. In order to be able to download an upgrade you should have an active upgrade subscription.
      You get a free year long upgrade subscription when you purchase a commercial CS-Cart license (Professional, Ultimate or Multi-Vendor).
      If you are an owner of a non-trial license (including the free Community edition), you can purchase an upgrade subscription in your Help Desk account.

45. Alfardan says:

is the update tool ready?! if not, when it will be ready?

thanks

46. P. Jensen says:

I bought the link removal tool for the community edition. Now What? No Mail or any instructions. Does it just happen by magic? Could someone please instruct me, what to do next?

47. Pat brown says:

The database upgrade tool was promise three month ago, now is July
    And we may still here three week time, every month is three week time, why you just charge us to get the job done, and stop tell just us three weeks time.
    I am very disappointed with broken promise. You can make money in charging a small upgrading fee.

• Dear Pat,

We are very sorry that the work on the upgrade tool has taken longer than we expected.
      Please believe that we do our best to get the thing ready as soon as possible.

48. Sadeq Alfardan says:

Dear cs-cart,

I am about to lunch my site, and would love to lunch it with the cs cart 3

And it is almost the 3 weeks you mentioned above, my question is when the update tool will be ready?
    Should i wait for few days or lunch with the old version?

• Dear Sadeq,

The upgrade tool is still not ready. We are sorry that it takes so long, the amount of work is quiet vast – we have to guarantee that the tool will work on all versions and editions.
      We a re doing our best to finish with the tool as soon as possible.

Please take our apologies for the delay.

49. shikhar says:

Guys,

I tried importing manually and it worked fine.

1) Create vendors – I did it manually as I had only 5

2) Import users :
    Take old installation tables dumps : cscart_users(exclude column card_*,credit_*) and cscart_user_profiles (exclude column credit_cards)
    Truncate these tables in the new installation and import

3) Import Orders :
    I exported from the cs-cart admin panel and then imported in the new-installation using admin panel.

4) Import Products :
    Use the admin panel

NB : My installation was very new and I didn’t have salt in user profiles and also didn’t have any product combinations.

regds,
    Shikhar

50. shikhar says:

I was using Cs-cart 2.2.4 mve.

Yes, It worked fine so far. I am still in the process of migrating. Was not using any payment gateways only COD (in early stage). My main concerns were users,orders and products migration, which are fine. Rest of the issues I can take care on ongoing basis.

51. John says:

Hello CS-Cart. Great product v3. Could you please let me know if your policy for 1 year subscription is still available? I would like to buy many licenses but I hate this policy. Normally for a branch you should offer updates free of charge. This is the main reason I skipped CS-Cart and jointed Magento. Seeing the new features of CS-Cart I could make a switch, but this is not depending by me. So, what is the policy now? Did you change anything?

• The upgrade policy is still 1 year-based, but, as we stated before, this is going to change.
      We are currently heavily involved in CS-Cart 3.0.2 and Store Import add-on development (both to be released shortly), and changing the upgrade policy is quiet a resource-consuming task, so we can not make it possible instantly.
      It’s always pain to prioritize out things, but that’s how it works. We will announce the policy change as soon as we actually change it.
      Hope you will purchase the licenses you wanted eventually.
      If you have any further questions, please ask.

52. John says:

One more thing, what is the status of development for Searchanise tool?

• Hi John,

Searchanise is currently at version 1.2 at goes on quiet well :-)

It has recently gotten a significant update introducing new admin panel, new search widget design, stability improvements and bug fixes.

You can get the freshest Searchanise news right from the developers on Twitter.

53. Sadeq Alfardan says:

DEAR CS_CART

we are still waiting for the update tool, I hope that it is ready in the coming days.

54. Dear James,

It is the same for the both cases as CS-Cart Ultimate allows you to use both subdomains and separate domains for storefronts. They just have to be hosted on the same server.

In order to have 3 storefronts you should purchase just 1 CS-Cart Ultimate license with 3 storefronts (see the Number of storefronts parameter).
    That’ll cost you $845: $650 for a default pack an admin area with 2 storefronts and $195 for an extra storefront. Note that extra storefronts can be purchased anytime in the future.

55. James says:

I’ve heard that CS-CART team will develop multi store function for multi vendor edition.
    Then, I will purchase MVE. Then, I will set localization and ask CS-CART team for custom entry page.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

56. Dear James,

We do not plan to add multi-store functionality in CS-Cart Mulit-vendor in near future, and I can’t give you any clue on when it will be implemented.