CS-Cart 4.0.2: Store Import, CDN Support, and More

CS-Cart 4.0.2

Hello,

Today we introduce the long-awaited CS-Cart 4.0.2 and Multi-Vendor 4.0.2 releases.

For a minor release, it has lots of new features, apart from the regular polishing and improvements.

Here are some of the great new features available in version 4.0.2 (see the full list in the changelog):

• Store Import tool
  • Widget mode
  • CDN support
  • Fluid storefront layout out of the box
  • On-site text translation
  • UK cookie law support (read more about the law here)

Let me talk in detail about some of them.

Store Import

CS-Cart 2.2.4, 2.2.5, and 3.0.x users now have the opportunity to import the data from their stores to CS-Cart 4.0.2.

The Store Import add-on in CS-Cart 4.0.2 can transfer orders, users, products, settings, and other data from CS-Cart 3.0.x and 2.2.4/5. Since the storefront skin has been significantly reworked in CS-Cart 4, the skins from the previous CS-Cart versions cannot be imported via this add-on.

Store Import

We know that our clients have been waiting for this feature since the CS-Cart 4.0.1 release, and it is a great pleasure for us to present it to you now.

Learn more about the Store Import add-on in our Knowledge Base.

Widget Mode (Beta)

A CS-Cart-based online store can now be easily embedded into any web page. Just copy a few lines of the JavaScript widget code from a CS-Cart admin panel (it’s under the menu Design → Layouts) and paste it directly into your web page’s HTML source code.

Take your CS-Cart store with you, anywhere: to your blog, personal site, or company web page.

CS-Cart Widget Mode

Please note that some websites don’t allow external JavaScript files, so the CS-Cart widget will not work on such sites.

CDN Support

CS-Cart 4.0.2 allows you to use the Amazon CloudFront CDN to store your static content, like images, CSS stylesheets, and JavaScript files.

Content-delivery network (CDN) is a very useful technology that makes for faster content loading and better reliability. With this technology at hand, a CS-Cart 4.0.2 store loads faster because the CDN servers located all around the globe are closer to customer.

Active upgrade subscription holders (check the subscription statuses of your licenses in your Help Desk account) will be able to upgrade their CS-Cart 4.0.1 stores directly from the admin panel during the following 2 weeks.

CS-Cart 4.0.2 has a lot to offer, and we are very proud of it. There will be more posts explaining the features of this release in this blog, so stay tuned!

Follow CS-Cart on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube

49 Responses to “CS-Cart 4.0.2: Store Import, CDN Support, and More”

1. Congratulations! Great job cs-cart!

2. Nick Stewart says:

Great news!

When it will be next release? It will be a bug fixes release or a major release?
    I’m asking you because I’m waiting the Adaptive Design feature & Invoices Customizations.

Keep up the good job!

• Rest assured that we’re working on the adaptive design tightly. We’ll do our best to introduce it in the next major release, as well as the invoices customizations.

Thank you, and have a nice experience with CS-Cart!

3. rav says:

well.. good news..guys.. Glad you guys worked out to launch it.

thanks again was waiting for it.

4. rav says:

Question about widget?

Does it works like iframe?

can I just show a specific product (from selected category or tags from cart) in wordpress blog?

5. Hao Nguyen says:

Good news! Thanks!

6. Ramesh says:

Dear Team

Does V 4.0.1 & 2 load faster or slower as compared to V 2.1.3? I installed test sites on both platforms, but V 2.1.3 seems much faster!

Warm Regards
    Ramesh

7. Hello.

In the video from 25.09.2013 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mjGisQtO5c
    (CS-Cart Insider: Introducing CS-Cart 4.0.2 and the Widget Mode)

The listener asked: “I could write that came out killer Ecwid”
    Reply speaker: “CS-Cart 4.0.2 is still in beta, let’s not to write about it …”

The differences are very large. CS-Cart 4.0.2 Widget Mode is much better, he uses the all power of CS-Cart.

Compare yourself:
    Widget Mode CS-Cart:

Widget Ecwid Store:

8. Mike says:

So does this mean you’re dropping support for Amazon S3 and use cloudfront instead?

9. Hoko says:

With the Store Addon can i importing two stores to one CS-Cart 4.0.2 installation and have two diferents stores?

10. rav says:

Hi,

I am looking for the Upgrade of the version. I have got 4.0.2 in my file manager section but in site still the upgrade center shows “no update available”

Can you say me the day? when it will be available (Mostly looking to fix that css my change addon bug fix) few css changes are not showing in site.

• Hello.

What version are you trying to upgrade from? If your subscription is active, you are able to upgrade your CS-Cart 4.0.1 store (provided that you have one) directly from the admin panel during the following 2 weeks, starting from September 26th.
      You might want to check the status of your subscription or wait a little longer for an upgrade to show up.

• Scott Orman says:

Same issue here as well – subscription is active through 2014; “Automatcially check for updates” is turned on; version is 4.0.1. Says no updates available.

I’ve also verified that I have access to the 4.0.2 files for download in the Licenses area on the CS-Cart.com site.

11. Thom says:

Hello, is the Multi Vendor 4.0.2 also upgrade available, can l upgrade my 3.0.6 to this 4.0.2. ? I hope it has all the bug fixed, what must l do as l need it?
    congratulations this is good job

12. Scott Orman says:

I’ve been reading all sorts of other messages related to this topic, and the issue now looks like it may be due to some English phrasing confusion, or maybe just my confusion when I read it…

What’s been posted is “…will be able to upgrade their CS-Cart 4.0.1 stores directly from the admin panel during the following 2 weeks”, but I think this should have said “in the following two 2 weeks”. So it’s not a 2 week window that will close (that’s also how I initially read this – which added to my panic), and while some folks have been activated, I now am of the understanding that Simbirsk is still working to make this available to everyone, and after a couple weeks, everyone (who has a valid license subscription) will have access to it.

• Dear Scott,

We’re sorry to have confused you.

The point is, some customers will get an upgrade earlier, some later; everybody should have it in 2 weeks, but some will get it earlier.

We do not provide upgrades to all customers at once to avoid server overload.

Please be patient, I’m sure you will be able to upgrade your CS-Cart soon.

Thanks.

13. Brandon says:

Does the store import tool import blocks? It would be helpful to know what is NOT imported from v3 to v4.

14. Brandon says:

The store import tool would be a great thing … if it worked. I’ve been trying most of the day to get this “easy to use” tool to import from 3.0.6 with no success.

• Well, that’s frustrating, Brandon. What kind of trouble are you experiencing? It may be a good idea to post a ticket in our HelpDesk so that our Support squad could help you settle this matter. The Store Import failing to work may depend on different circumstances.

• Brandon says:

It acts like it’s importing but when it’s finished nothing is imported and there is no error message. I posted a ticket a couple days ago, but haven’t heard anything yet.

15. Ilya says:

Hello,

What about Russian Build of CS-Cart 4.0.2? When will it be available?

16. Rust says:

Hi!
    When will be available Russian Build of CS-Cart 4.0.2?

• Hey,

In reply to both you and Ilya—we have officially stopped developing Russian builds for CS-Cart after v.4.0.1. Currently, Simtech Development is in charge of this.

The next version of the Russian build should be available later this month.

However, you can upgrade your CS-Cart v. 4.0.1 into 4.0.2 without losing any existing Russian modules, which will remain the same (though won’t be updated).

Additionally, if you wish to get the latest Russian build, log in to our HelpDesk and go to File area. You will find the latest Russian build there.

Thanks.

17. john says:

Will the CDN support also work for digital downloads? Or only CS-Cart core files?

18. Luca says:

We’ve just finished developing some stores based on 4.0.1, is it directly upgradable to 4.0.2? Ie, we started from the default theme and did some customization, will it need any porting or work directly over 4.0.2 ?

19. Alexis says:

How On-site text translation works? I can’t find any documentation!!!
    I have a bilingual site and it could be great to make it work on my product descriptions!
    Thanks in advance!

• Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

To use the on-site text editing, log in to your admin panel and go to Administration→Languages→Translations. Click on the gear pictogram and choose On-site text editing.
      Unfortunately, you cannot translate the product’s description using this feature.

Thank you.

20. jomapel says:

Hello
    When is ready cs cart 4.0.3? Because I see that 4.0.2 has many bugs.
    Thanks