Since now, the upgrade subscription price does not depend on the number of storefronts or anything else
When you buy a CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor license, you get a free 1-year access to upgrades. This means you can get new CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor versions for free throughout that year, during which we release at least 4 new versions. All of them fix issues and most of them add new must-have eCommerce features to your store. After the first year, your upgrade subscription expires and you’ll need to purchase another to continue getting new features and fixes.
We haven’t previously published the exact upgrade subscription price because the price depended on a number of factors, including the number of storefronts in your store. You could calculate how much you had to pay for the upgrade subscription from our Upgrade Policy, of course, but we realized that could be hard to find on our website.
We considered we had good reasons for the old pricing policy, but now we realize it was confusing for you. From now on, we’re making it totally transparent, easy, and convenient. The upgrade subscription price is now fixed: a 1-year upgrade subscription for CS-Cart costs $160 and for Multi-Vendor—$385. You can buy the subscription in this special section of our shop:
Why Should You Upgrade?
As long as a website grows and evolves—it lives. To keep alive and to compete with other web stores, your store must stay fast, feature rich, and secure. We’re constantly monitoring the eCommerce market to stay fully cognizant of the latest eCommerce influences. That’s why our upgrades allow your CS-Cart store to evolve together with the eCommerce market.
If you follow our blog, you might know about our improvement directions—performance, feature richness, and fixes. No matter whether you use CS-Cart 1, 2, 3, or 4, an upgrade always has something to boost your store. Listing all the advantages of the upgrade from different CS-Cart versions could fill a thousand-page book! But here are the most important:
- Your store can be fast and withstand high load. Performance is one of our priorities. CS-Cart 2 was quite fast but couldn’t serve too many customers at the same time. CS-Cart 3 was slower and could serve the same amount of simultaneous customers. The early 4.x versions were more feature rich but performance was not as we would wish. Starting from CS-Cart 4.3.1, we made a lot of performance improvements. The latest version, 4.3.8, is fast (over 90 Google PageSpeed points) and is ready for high load with PHP 7 support and full-page caching.
- Compatibility with most hostings. Hosting providers keep their server software up to date: CS-Cart 2, 3, and the early 4.x versions might have compatibility troubles on new hostings and security troubles on old ones. CS-Cart 4.3.8 supports the latest server software, including PHP 7, and works fine and secure on most hostings.
- Up-to-date integrations with shipping and payment services. Carriers and payment services regularly update their APIs to keep up with the latest shipping changes and security standards. In turn, we update integrations with those shipping and payment services so that they work fine with your store.
- More features to increase your sales. The latest CS-Cart version offers tools to make the shopping process easier and increase your sales. You can assign payment methods to shipping methods, allow your customers to choose a shipping method for free shipping, create a blog inside your store, embed your store into any website, enable seamless checkout via PayPal In-Context Checkout, and more.
- More features to brighten up your storefront. In the freshest CS-Cart version, you can modify the built-in Responsive theme without editing HTML and CSS code, change the product page template, edit storefront elements right on the storefront, and create unique layouts of every store page. Designing abilities here are richer than in CS-Cart 1, 2, 3 and early 4.x versions.
- And more enhancements, including safer upgrades and painless migration to new versions via Store Import.
Of course, we don’t insist on your upgrading—it’s up to you to upgrade or not. But as long as your store meets present-day eCommerce demands, it keeps living and making the bucks.
If you have any questions about an upgrade, its benefits, or new features, feel free to ask us.
And One More Thing…
On May 20, we sent an email to all the CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor license owners, which contained three important CS-Cart announcements. In that email, we mentioned a poll for all our customers. The poll will help us collect your feedback and understand if we’re heading in the right direction.
This poll is ready and is waiting for you in your mailboxes. Each participant, who completes the poll gets a 30% discount on a 1-year upgrade subscription. With this discount, CS-Cart owners save $48 and Multi-Vendor owners—$115.
The poll is active till June 15. Check your mailbox now to participate in the poll and get your discount for the 1-year upgrade subscription!