Beta version of Live Help for CS-Cart is available

We are glad to inform you about the release of Live Help add-on for CS-Cart which is now available for beta testing.

Summary

Live Help allows tracking your store visitors’ behavior and communicating with them in real time. At present, the add-on collects browser version and country information for each visitor and tracks the store page which is being viewed. Speaking of online chat features, the tool supports preset message, chat history and search via chat archives.

Live chat window
Live chat window

Installation

The add-on consists of two parts: a client and a server.

Detailed visitor information
Detailed visitor information

Conclusion

CS-Cart team thanks everyone who is interested to participate in beta testing and help us to improve it for you. Please, feel free to share your experience with the Live Help beta and, if necessary, send any problem reports to CS-Cart forum. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

11 thoughts on “Beta version of Live Help for CS-Cart is available

• December 1, 2009 at 18:00

Link for windows is not working.

• December 1, 2009 at 22:27

the windows link doesnt work and do u add the client files to the server? or will u have to offer it from the site.

• December 2, 2009 at 05:57

The link to download the Windows client is broken.

• December 2, 2009 at 10:57

Thank you all for reporting. The link has been fixed, please, accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

• December 2, 2009 at 11:01

Emanuel, the client files will be available with the distribution as soon as we make our way to the final release. But they will be needed only for the store operator since clients will use the chat directly from the browser window.

• December 2, 2009 at 15:29

This is a great add-on. I have found a problem though!
    I’m testing this on my local Windows machine and the chatting works fine, when I am manually typing in the messages from both sides.

But, everytime I tried to use the “Preset Messages” feature, using the following message:
    %DATE% %TIME%>Hi %NAME%. How can I help you?
    I get an authentication error and the Live Help connection is disconnected!

• December 2, 2009 at 17:51

I installed the server part, and also enable it from the add-on. But I still don’t see it from the store front.

I am using a trial version of the cs-cart. Is it why?

regrds,
    –wei

• December 2, 2009 at 21:27

I Installed the files and added live help block but all i can get to show up is the title of the block and nothing else. Nothing is showing to click on to use the Live help

• December 4, 2009 at 04:23

When you say the directory where CS-Cart is located that does not tell me what directory the file need to placed in, does it go in Core, or some other location. I am sorry but I don’t know the software well enough to know what you mean by directory where CS-Cart is located.

Thank for your help.

• December 6, 2009 at 03:50

Wei, you need to all Live Help block to the product page (for example) using the Blocks tool under the “Design” tab.

However, even this does not work for me. I see “Live Help” block in the frontend where I placed it, but it is blank and when I connect with the Windows client, the client does not see me browsing the site.

I am also using the trial version (2.0.10) of CS-Cart. Is that why this addon does not work?

V.

• December 6, 2009 at 04:11

OK, I fixed my issue.

chmod -R 755 addons

The default permissions that are generated as a result of decompressing the .tgx on the server are not approrpate so the above chmod (or just chmod -R 755 live_help) is needed to allow Live Help addon to work.

V.