2.2.1 is on!

Good day!

Now, we are happy to let you know that CS-Cart version 2.2.1 is released!

And first of all, we all are indeed very thankful to you – our awesome customers, who helped us test and polish the new version, so it is really the best it could be. Thanks a lot for all the feedbacks, bug reports and ideas you’ve shared with us!

This new release is all about bringing freshness into shopping and e-shop administrating. There’s a new admin panel look and feel, customer notifications, Janrain social login feature, vendor rating and testimonials in the Multi-Vendor Edition and a pack of improvements out there for you to use. The CS-Cart mobile administration tool Twigmo is another great new addition.

You can read more about the new features in my two previous posts (part one and part two). Also, check our Roadmap for the newest features information.

Get it!

Order your own CS-Cart copy at our web-site (Professional or Multi-Vendor). If you already have CS-Cart, it will upgrade automatically. Don’t hesitate to use our Upgrade guide if you face any difficulties.

49 thoughts on “2.2.1 is on!

• July 6, 2011 at 01:50

Is there a demo-site somewhere. I would very much like to check out the new admin. The previews i have seen previously look very promising.

• July 7, 2011 at 14:52

If you do now a new design for frontent it will be very nice

• July 7, 2011 at 23:12

We’ve been working on it for some time now. So the design will definitely be refreshed. Thanks!

• July 7, 2011 at 19:11

If in Design mode activate Enable Translation Mode, the admin design will be corrupted and some parts of the adminsitration collapsed. Check the bug.

• July 7, 2011 at 23:18

Could you please report this bug at our Bug tracker and provide some additional information about how it happened on your installation? Thanks!

• July 7, 2011 at 23:36

I can’t because I’m not yet holder of the license. I’m just only testing the system and planing buy license. So I posted this issue here. Sorry for that. I can send screenshot if via email you want.

• July 13, 2011 at 22:33

I also notice regarding the translation in the backend, it only looks good for English. If you pick another language, the words are written over each other. For example, go to Products and then change the language into German or Dutch.

• July 8, 2011 at 09:44

Upgraded to 2.2.1 working as expected. Thank you for such a great shop.

• July 8, 2011 at 10:32

could you help me to upgrade to last version
    It seems that upgrade it doesnțt work for me as admin page i donțt see it properly maybe there are some css errors

• July 8, 2011 at 16:13

Do you have CDN support or amazon S3?

• July 19, 2011 at 00:23

We are looking for shopping cart systems who can support CDN (content delivery network) specially and MUST amazon S3.

We can upload all the images or contents on CDN server via Admin/panel
        e.g. images.myshop.com
        instead local server
        e.g. http://www.myshop.com

to provide fastest content delivery via world wide local servers.

So far very few of them are supported but we like cs-cart very much and we want to see this feature in cs-cart too

any comment?

• July 19, 2011 at 16:26

Such sort of functionality is not implemented by default, but our Custom Development team can perform it. If you have a Help-Desk account, create a ticket for a quote in it, if not, do so through Contact Us form. Goog luck!

• July 21, 2011 at 05:48

I like Amazon S3 also… and it would definitely be a super great feature to see this support in CS-Cart! Hopefully this can be a default feature in future versions of CS-Cart. :)

• July 8, 2011 at 16:52

Amm,, sorry sir. im faced difficult to set-up account Twigmo. and i try register into website and accesing connect with password that i register on Twigmo site, but it’s not work, or i do wrong?

• July 8, 2011 at 17:01

I’m sorry, but your question is a little unclear. You should rather ask our support team, they’ll handle any problems you might have.

• July 8, 2011 at 17:32

Is there going to be an update of the PDf Guide with the new interface?

• July 9, 2011 at 13:42

Could you please give the instructions on how the new Live Help beta works? Where can I download the client side software?

• July 10, 2011 at 04:40

I HATE the new admin panel, some things are too large, it’s harder to search a product via a category and the hover menu makes it much harder to read things quickly. Is there any way we can have the functionality but with the old look? These changes are not for the better.

Not only that but when I did the upgrade it deleted a whole lot of style changes that I had made and made my website look awful. Why would an upgrade delete background images and change the text colours?

Ever heard of the saying “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”? I like the new functions (well the idea of them, I still can’t see how to activate the social media log in) but not the look of the admin panel.

• July 11, 2011 at 14:00

Sorry to hear that, Jessica. Unfortunately for you, the new Admin panel design can’t be downgraded t the previous version. May it be the new one is not that bad as it appears to you?

And about this styles loss: first off, I’m really sorry it happened. Secondly, that’s a serious problem and you better discuss it with the support team. Also, please leave us a bug report.

• July 11, 2011 at 07:02

Awesome update. Looks great.

Do you have any plans to make the product combinations easier to read and modify in the admin panel?

• July 11, 2011 at 07:38

Thanks! We have plans to make CS-Cart better and better, so any your suggestions are welcome :-) Maybe you could tell what exactly in the product combinations we should improve?

• July 11, 2011 at 11:58

Hello there, connection with mobile is great idea. My ask is simple: Is there any way to adapt Twigmo for our resellers program? (At less, if we can to transate to the another language ourself?).

• July 12, 2011 at 09:23

I am getting an error since I upgraded to 2.2.1

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/leaculverde.ro/httpdocs/core/fn.promotions.php on line 393

• July 13, 2011 at 22:27

I think, especially for the multi-vendor addition, it is important that for every function in the admin panel there is an information icon which explains in short how the vendor should use this function. If you want this backend to be easily usable for vendorsm and and with that LOTS less customer support intensive for admin.

• July 15, 2011 at 00:03

Would also recommend the “Your order has been received”
    This is unused potential. This page needs the immediate question whether you want to post a messaqe about your purchase on your Facebook / Twitter. Needs immediate request for feedback and a link to the shops’ Twitter/Facebook pages. Too bad I need it in custom development now.

Vote for idea on http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/2036385-severe-adjustment-of-your-order-has-been-received?ref=title

• July 30, 2011 at 05:31

Can I use pretty permalinks in CS-Cart?
    E.g. shop.com/category/product

• August 4, 2011 at 14:51

Yes, of course you can do it.
      Install and activate the SEO add-on in the admin panel, configure it as you like and set SEO names for your products.

• August 3, 2011 at 23:14

Upgraded when the newer version 2.2.1 came out – am now getting this warning —

Warning
    This trial version of CS-Cart shopping cart software is licensed for a 30-day evaluation. After this period is over, you must either purchase the full commercial license or remove your copy CS-Cart Trial.

Purchased professional version on January 7 2011. Anyone have any clues ????

• August 6, 2011 at 15:08

When are you going to release a bug fix release?

Thanks,