|Diana Nadim Adjadj is a writer and editor who has a Master degree in Marketing. She combines her passion for writing with her interest in research and creates thought-provoking content in various fields. Diana also runs her own 3to5Marketing blog. What inspires her the most in her writing is traveling and meeting new people.|
Bill Gates once said: “If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business”. This quote is genius and so true.
The importance of online presence for modern business is hard to overestimate. It helps to increase brand awareness, improve build loyalty and, as a consequence, boost sales. In this article, you will find tips and tricks on how to create an online presence for your business.
Develop a Website
The first step you should take is to create a website. Your site should be mobile-friendly, have a clear structure, and look catchy. Since a website is an essential element of the branding identity, you should also make sure that it has an appropriate tone of voice.
If you are not a programmer, you should find a user-friendly platform, which perfectly meets your needs. For instance, you may choose CS-Cart Shopping Cart software, which has all features necessary to craft a highly functional online store or a marketplace. If you pick this option, you will save money and create a website which will look exactly the same as you have imagined.
Design an Effective Content Marketing Strategy
If you ask any experienced marketer how to build a widely successful business, you will get a simple answer—design an effective content marketing strategy. Yep, in the information age, high-quality content is a key to building an online presence and making business highly profitable. Here is a list of questions you should answer to develop a content strategy that will work for you:
- What type of content does your target audience want to get? You may publish articles, checklists, photographs, guides, explanatory videos, infographics, graphs, memes, etc.
- How often will you publish new content? You may make publication twice a day, once a week, etc.
- Which channels for content distribution will you choose? You may post your content on your website, blogging platforms, social media accounts, or guest blogs.
Don’t Ignore SEO
If you don’t want your excellently written article to “get lost” on the World Wide Web, you should make it SEO-friendly. It will increase your chances to get the article to the top of Google search and drive more traffic to your website. Take a look at must-follow rules for content creators:
- Utilize Google Trends or Ubersuggest to find low competition high traffic keywords
- Don’t overuse keywords. Make sure that your texts don’t sound salesy
- Don’t write sentences longer than 20 words
- Keep your paragraphs short
- Use subheadings to make your article skimmable
- Add bulleted lists to highlight the most important information
- Avoid passive voice
Be Active on Social Media
Statistics say that internet users tend to spend more than 2 hours and 22 minutes per day browsing social media platforms and texting their friends. So if you target the audience other than Silent Generation, your online business must be present on popular social networking sites.
Here are a few tips on how to use social media for building an online presence:
- Choose two or three social media platforms, which are the most popular among your target audience
- Produce as much content as your followers are able to consume
- Add at least one hashtag to every post
- Write catchy captions for videos, because most of Instagram and Facebook users watch videos without sound
- Ask questions and run polls to get real-time feedback
- Share user-generated content to drive engagement
- Start challenges, giveaways, etc.
You have just got the ultimate guide on how to create an online presence for your business. Now it’s your turn to act. Stop ignoring the importance of online presence and start working toward your marketing strategy improving.